DOOM Multiplayer Update TOMORROW 6/30/16 is HUGE!
The release notes are below, and you will notice several new features such as Photo Mode and a new weapon placement view option similar to the original game.
Expect some improvements, optimizations and fixes various bugs as well.
DOOM Update One Release Notes
New Features and Optimizations
General: Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
Campaign: Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
- Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
Single Player Fixes
- Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
- Matchmaking improvements
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
PC-Only Fixes: Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
The update will automatically download for Xbox One and Steam users, but PlayStation 4 users will need to enable “automatic updates” or download it manually through system settings.
It’s out June 30.